Westkin Associates

Our Services

Student and Graduate FAQ’s

Aside from the UK's Graduate Visa, there are a number of direct visa options which lead to an English passport. We can advise on the best possible strategy to obtain your passport early, and how you can bring your family to the UK, if required.

View This Service

Special questions

FAQs regarding Student and Graduate

You must have an offer which is unconditional from a university or school which is on the Tier 4 Sponsor list.
The university will give you a specific code once they give you an offer, which can be entered onto your visa application.
You will need to prove your English language skills through a certificate and also prove you have enough money to support yourself in the UK.
You will need to show that you have in the region of £1,334 if you are studying in London, and £1,023 if you are studying outside of London. This is per month, for a maximum of 9 months.
In certain circumstances yes, it is advised, although your educational institution may well apply for you.
You will have to leave the United Kingdom unless you are able to find another sponsor to offer you a place on a course.
Our advice is that where possible, you should apply for a Work or Business visa which leads to Indefinite Leave to Remain, as you could waste 2 years on the Graduate visa without building up towards permanent residency.
Yes, there is a Parent of a Child Student visa which allows for one parent to travel to the United Kingdom to look after a child student.
The visa is only granted for 12 months at a time and only parents of children who are 12 and under are eligible.

Additional FAQs

No, where as you may be asked some questions there will not be a formal interview to question the terms of your visa.
Commercial processor the Home Office use to run their application centres, largely abroad. They specialise in the admin process of fingerprints and photos and documents. They do not make the decision – the body who decides are external to the VFS.
The Home Office use to run their application centres, largely in the United Kingdom. They specialise in the admin process of fingerprints and photos and documents. They do not make the decision – the body who decides are external to the Sopra Steria.
Almost certainly not. As the decision has not been made and the decision-making body are holding your passport at this time.
We recommend you enter no later than 3 months after being granted. There are special conditions on certain visas which make it crucial you enter before 3 months. Call our office for more details.
Usually not – this depends on the visa in question. Usually, Home Office will require cash on hand or in rare cases other forms of investments. Before acting on this you should speak to our specialist lawyers, and they can advise you on the best route.
It is imperative that you declare all previous offences. We cannot promote your case on a false basis. Important to note the Home Office will have record of most offenses. By declaring them, they often have no influence on your case and decision.
If you have a valid visa you can remain within the UK for 6 months. If it expires whilst you’re in the UK, you cannot stay beyond that date regardless of if the 6 months period.

Explore related FAQs by category

Asylum and Overstayers FAQ’s

If your visa Asylum or Overstayer application doesn't stand out - it's much likely to be granted by the Home...

View FAQs

Business, Investment, Talent and Innovator FAQ’s

There are a number of business visas available to all nationalities looking to start a business in the UK, take...

View FAQs

Immigration Appeal and Refusals FAQ’s

For advice on appealing against visa refusals and overturning wrongful Home Office Decisions, please take a look at our FAQ’s...

View FAQs

Indefinite Leave and Citizenship FAQ’S

We often apply for extensions, indefinite leave and British nationality for clients especially in situations. Find answers to your FAQ’s...

View FAQs

Other Visas for Individuals FAQ’s

Westkin specialise in UK immigration and therefore we are able to advise on many of the visa options which are...

View FAQs

Skilled and Temporary Work Visas FAQ’s

Any UK Business, no matter the size, can hire from abroad so long as they have the appropriate licences, take...

View FAQs

Spouse and Family FAQ’s

There are a number of options for those who are married, in long-term relationships, in same-sex relationships, or with difficult...

View FAQs

Looking to hire an immigration lawyer?

We guarantee that only a fully qualified immigration lawyer will take this appointment with you.

Quality Score

The more information you give us the better we can advise you.

This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.


Not ready to start your case?

Learn more about Special Visa Options, Life in the UK and how to select a Lawyer.

Download Free Info Pack