Westkin Associates

Our Services

Spouse and Family FAQ’s

There are a number of options for those who are married, in long-term relationships, in same-sex relationships, or with difficult immigration histories. Find out more here.

View This Service

Special questions

FAQs regarding Spouse and Family

Couples who are married, engaged or living together long-term can apply for a relationship visa.
Yes, all rights that straight couples have, same-sex couples have also.
This is usually 2 years to prove that you qualify as an unmarried partner.
We have had success in applying for those with less than 2 years co-habitation, but this can be difficult. We can of course advise, based on your circumstances.
Yes, for all categories a minimum of £18,600 needs to be earnt or savings held. Our teams can advise on the exact calculations.
These children can also be applied for as dependants. This will however modify minimum requirements.
You have to prove that the partner and any children have an appropriate place to reside in the United Kingdom with their UK sponsor.
Our team can assist you with the requirements of acquiring appropriate accommodation.
Yes, all Relationship visas require your partner to pass a very basic English test to assess their ability to listen and speak only.
It lasts for 2 and a half years and then can be extended for another 2 and a half years, at which point Indefinite Leave can be applied for.

Additional FAQs

No, where as you may be asked some questions there will not be a formal interview to question the terms of your visa.
Commercial processor the Home Office use to run their application centres, largely abroad. They specialise in the admin process of fingerprints and photos and documents. They do not make the decision – the body who decides are external to the VFS.
The Home Office use to run their application centres, largely in the United Kingdom. They specialise in the admin process of fingerprints and photos and documents. They do not make the decision – the body who decides are external to the Sopra Steria.
Almost certainly not. As the decision has not been made and the decision-making body are holding your passport at this time.
We recommend you enter no later than 3 months after being granted. There are special conditions on certain visas which make it crucial you enter before 3 months. Call our office for more details.
Usually not – this depends on the visa in question. Usually, Home Office will require cash on hand or in rare cases other forms of investments. Before acting on this you should speak to our specialist lawyers, and they can advise you on the best route.
It is imperative that you declare all previous offences. We cannot promote your case on a false basis. Important to note the Home Office will have record of most offenses. By declaring them, they often have no influence on your case and decision.
If you have a valid visa you can remain within the UK for 6 months. If it expires whilst you’re in the UK, you cannot stay beyond that date regardless of if the 6 months period.

Explore related FAQs by category

Asylum and Overstayers FAQ’s

If your visa Asylum or Overstayer application doesn't stand out - it's much likely to be granted by the Home...

View FAQs

Business, Investment, Talent and Innovator FAQ’s

There are a number of business visas available to all nationalities looking to start a business in the UK, take...

View FAQs

Immigration Appeal and Refusals FAQ’s

For advice on appealing against visa refusals and overturning wrongful Home Office Decisions, please take a look at our FAQ’s...

View FAQs

Indefinite Leave and Citizenship FAQ’S

We often apply for extensions, indefinite leave and British nationality for clients especially in situations. Find answers to your FAQ’s...

View FAQs

Other Visas for Individuals FAQ’s

Westkin specialise in UK immigration and therefore we are able to advise on many of the visa options which are...

View FAQs

Skilled and Temporary Work Visas FAQ’s

Any UK Business, no matter the size, can hire from abroad so long as they have the appropriate licences, take...

View FAQs

Student and Graduate FAQ’s

Aside from the UK's Graduate Visa, there are a number of direct visa options which lead to an English passport....

View FAQs

Looking to hire an immigration lawyer?

We guarantee that only a fully qualified immigration lawyer will take this appointment with you.

Quality Score

The more information you give us the better we can advise you.

This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.


Not ready to start your case?

Learn more about Special Visa Options, Life in the UK and how to select a Lawyer.

Download Free Info Pack