Westkin Associates

Our Services

Skilled and Temporary Work Visas FAQ’s

Any UK Business, no matter the size, can hire from abroad so long as they have the appropriate licences, take a look at employment and work visa FAQ’s here.

View This Service

Special questions

FAQs regarding Skilled and Temporary Work Visas

No, if you do not have a specific tier 1 visa, you cannot come to the UK simply to look for a job.
You will need to apply for job roles in the normal way. In order for you to relocate to the UK for that job, your employer must have a sponsorship licence.
Generally speaking yes, since Brexit, if you wish to hire European nationals or any other non-UK national you will need a sponsorship licence to hire non-UK nationals.
Yes, since Brexit European nationals can no longer exercise free movement and will need to be sponsored by licenced UK businesses.
Since 2021 the type of roles deemed to be skilled has expanded greatly, therefore, almost all sectors can hire workers under the sponsorship scheme.
There is now no time limit that you have to advertise the role for. So long as your vacancy is genuine, you can hire a foreign national straight away under the sponsorship scheme.
Yes, all business visas allow you to bring your partner or family to the UK.
Yes, partners can work in the United Kingdom if they choose to do so.
Yes, as part of your visa application process you will pay a fee towards the NHS which allows you to register upon arrival.
Yes, they are permitted to attend state and fee-paying schools without restrictions.
Additional FAQs
No, where as you may be asked some questions there will not be a formal interview to question the terms of your visa.
Commercial processor the Home Office use to run their application centres, largely abroad. They specialise in the admin process of fingerprints and photos and documents. They do not make the decision – the body who decides are external to the VFS.
The Home Office use to run their application centres, largely in the United Kingdom. They specialise in the admin process of fingerprints and photos and documents. They do not make the decision – the body who decides are external to the Sopra Steria.
Almost certainly not. As the decision has not been made and the decision-making body are holding your passport at this time.
We recommend you enter no later than 3 months after being granted. There are special conditions on certain visas which make it crucial you enter before 3 months. Call our office for more details.
Usually not – this depends on the visa in question. Usually, Home Office will require cash on hand or in rare cases other forms of investments. Before acting on this you should speak to our specialist lawyers, and they can advise you on the best route.
It is imperative that you declare all previous offences. We cannot promote your case on a false basis. Important to note the Home Office will have record of most offenses. By declaring them, they often have no influence on your case and decision.
If you have a valid visa you can remain within the UK for 6 months. If it expires whilst you’re in the UK, you cannot stay beyond that date regardless of if the 6 months period.

Explore related FAQs by category

Asylum and Overstayers FAQ’s

If your visa Asylum or Overstayer application doesn't stand out - it's much likely to be granted by the Home...

View FAQs

Business, Investment, Talent and Innovator FAQ’s

There are a number of business visas available to all nationalities looking to start a business in the UK, take...

View FAQs

Immigration Appeal and Refusals FAQ’s

For advice on appealing against visa refusals and overturning wrongful Home Office Decisions, please take a look at our FAQ’s...

View FAQs

Indefinite Leave and Citizenship FAQ’S

We often apply for extensions, indefinite leave and British nationality for clients especially in situations. Find answers to your FAQ’s...

View FAQs

Other Visas for Individuals FAQ’s

Westkin specialise in UK immigration and therefore we are able to advise on many of the visa options which are...

View FAQs

Spouse and Family FAQ’s

There are a number of options for those who are married, in long-term relationships, in same-sex relationships, or with difficult...

View FAQs

Student and Graduate FAQ’s

Aside from the UK's Graduate Visa, there are a number of direct visa options which lead to an English passport....

View FAQs

Looking to hire an immigration lawyer?

We guarantee that only a fully qualified immigration lawyer will take this appointment with you.

Quality Score

The more information you give us the better we can advise you.

This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.


Not ready to start your case?

Learn more about Special Visa Options, Life in the UK and how to select a Lawyer.

Download Free Info Pack