UK Tier 1 Global Talent Visa
“How do I know if I qualify for Global Talent?”In order to assess if you would qualify under the Global Talent, we will undertake a pre assessment, where we check you qualifications, awards and previous experience. This costs £400. Once this is completed, this will be refunded from your overall professional fees if you decide to go ahead with us. Our range for this is £4,000 to £8,000. If we confirm that in our opinion you qualify for the Global Talent Visa, your application is guaranteed and your professional fees will be returned if the visa application is not successful.” The UK Global Talent Visa, sometimes known as the Tech Nation Visa, was introduced in February 2020 as a replacement to the Exceptional Talent visa. This route allows those with outstanding skill and leadership in their chosen field to come to the UK to live and work.
What is the UK Tier 1 Global Talent Visa?This visa catergory encourages leaders in their fields to come to the UK. Individuals working across the domains of science, engineering, medicine and the humanities are eligible to apply. You may also be able to apply if you work across the arts, culture, fashion, or digital technology sectors.
What is the Tech Nation Visa?Tech Nation is one of the endorsing bodies for this visa type who assess applications made within the UK’s digital technology sector. If you are seeking a Global Talent Visa within any of the tech sub-sectors including fintech, AI, cyber, and games, you will likely use this endorsing body. For other sectors, you will need to gain endorsement from one of the other UK approved endorsing bodies.
What are the benefits of the Global Talent/ Tech Nation Visa?
- No cap on applicants accepted – Unlike the Tier 1 Exceptional Talent visa, there is no longer a cap on the number of applicants accepted into the UK under this visa category.
- No job offer requirement – Applicants are not required to already have a job or sponsor before arriving in the UK.
- Accelerated pathway to settlement – Theis visa type offers participants an accelerated pathway to citizenship akin to the previous scheme.
- Flexibility on leaving the UK – The UK Global Talent visa permits researchers to travel abroad for long periods to engage in research without said absences counting against your settled status application.
How to apply for the Global Talent VisaThere are four different ways to qualify for the Global Talent Visa. These are:
- Peer reviews – requires an endorsement from an approved endorsing body.
- Senior appointments – granted by British universities, educational and research institutes and are endorsed by the same bodies as the peer views.
- Fellowships – gained at research institutes or a high education facility which has gained the approval of the endorsing bodies.
- Endorsed funding – assessed by the UKRI and offers a fast track to settlement.