In response to the Coronavirus we have increased our telephone & video call appointments, now available 7 days a week from 7am to 10pm

Head Office:
5th Floor Maddox House, 1 Maddox Street, Mayfair, London, W1S 2PZ

Work Permits | Tier 2 Staff

Obtaining Work Permits for Foreign Staff

Although there has been considerable disquiet amongst the business community regarding the availability of work permits for foreign staff, in reality if simple steps are followed, migrants can be easily employed. At Westkin associates, we can assist you with making the relevant checks and acquiring the necessary paperwork to hire foreign workers in a legal, professional and smooth manor.

The first stage in the process for your business is obtaining a licence to employ foreign workers. This will showcase that your business is legally allowed to employ workers from outside of the United Kingdom. A license for employing foreign workers can obtained once the UKBA are sent certain documents that confirm that the business is genuinely trading and is able to monitor its migrant worker’s attendance. At Westkin, we can assist you with preparing this paperwork and getting the necessary documents in order, ready to be submitted to the UKBA. We can guide you through this process, making it easier for you and saving you time and money.

Once a licence to employ foreign workers is obtained, your business will be allowed to employ as many foreign workers as it has certificates. If your business needs change and more workers are required down the line, more certificates can, and should be, requested. If you already have some foreign workers within your company but are expanding and looking to hire more individuals from outside of the United Kingdom, Westkin can assist you in the process of acquiring more certificates.

Before a new employee can be employed, they must be paid according to a mandated rate for the type of work which they are due to undertake. These guidelines are set out on the UKBA website for your reference.

If the employee being hired already has a visa for the United Kingdom, they do not need to have their role advertised before they offered the position. If however, they are outside of the United Kingdom, the employer will be required to advertise the post for one month to ensure that there is no appropriately qualified person in the UK market who can do the work. The UK government state that foreign workers should only be hired where an individual already living in the United Kingdom cannot fulfil this role. This is an aspect of the application process which we are able to assist you with and help to provide the necessary documents for, saving you time.

Westkin Associates is a full service immigration law firm that can assist businesses of all sizes in all the above steps. Clients are billed on a fixed fee basis, with a transparent and friendly approach adopted at all times. Our team of expert lawyers are ready to help you with your needs. We have worked with a number of businesses, both large and small, in acquiring work permits for foreign staff. We have a high success record and are highly efficient and transparent in our process.

Our promise to you is to make the process honest, efficient and clear, ensuring that we keep you up to date in every step of the process. Our team are highly professional and experienced.

If you are interested in obtaining work permits for hiring foreign staff for your business, or if you have any other business visa requirements. Please do not hesitate to get in touch with our team.

Westkin Associates

5th Floor, Maddox House,
1 Maddox Street
United Kingdom
0207 118 4546

Immigration Cases

What we're saying



Read All

  • Spouse Visas: Should The Minimum Income Rule Be Rethought?

    The UK Spouse Visa allows individuals to come and live in the UK permanently with their partner. It requires individuals to be able to prove ...

    Read More

  • The Top Immigration Stories Of The Week – December 2020

    We are nearing the end of 2020, a year which has brought much turmoil for many across the world. With the pandemic still reaching new ...

    Read More

  • New Opportunities To Apply For A UK Skilled Worker Visa

      The UK Skilled Worker Visa will allow individuals to come and stay in the UK to work. This visa route has been put in ...

    Read More

  • Can you make a complaint against the Home Office?

      The UK Home Office, headed by Priti Patel, has received a large amount of backlash this year ahead of the new immigration system being ...

    Read More

  • What would a no-deal Brexit cost the UK?

      When the debate on whether the United Kingdom would leave the EU started in 2016, one of the biggest talking points, and a big ...

    Read More

Special Services

Weekend Services


Same Day Services

Looking to hire an immigration lawyer?
Book your free consultation