Vacancies at Westkin
IMMIGRATION LAWYER VACANCIES
1. Immigration Lawyers / Caseworkers
2. Immigration Trainees
VACANCY 1 – IMMIGRATION LAWYERS / CASEWORKERS.
Deadline: 28th February 2018
Salary: Dependent on experience and ability (circa 65,000 plus inc bonus)
Requirements and General Description of the role.
Applicants must hold level 1 OISC / LSC accreditation or better and/or be actively working towards the same. An Immigration Caseworker occupies a vital place within our growing business, with support from other departments, we ensure that their time is spent servicing client needs and focusing on the satisfaction of their clients.
- Conducting client consultations and advising on immigration law
- Close management of client and their expectations
- The preparation and submission of client applications to specific deadlines
- Liaising with client and other third parties to obtain correct documentation and information
- To remain up to date with all relevant legislation changes and policy updates
- Liaising closely with the Home Office
- Where appropriate to prepare submissions to tribunal on behalf of clients
- To follow internal policy in regards to data management and client confidentiality and general company policy
- Excellent time management skills
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills
- The ability to work under pressure and to strict deadlines
- A team player
- A willingness to learn
If interested feel free to speak to our director, Mr Amir Zaidi for an initial, friendly, no obligation chat about what is like to work at Westkin, even if you are not ready to move immediately, but just need to keep your options open. All communication in the strictest confidence and without obligation. He can be contacted via firstname.lastname@example.org.
Alternatively, if you are ready to make an application, you can apply by using a CV, please quote ref: CW2201 in subject title of email and send to email@example.com. All applications are held in the strictest confidence without exception.
ROLE 2: IMMIGRATION TRAINEE:
Deadline: 28th February 2018
We are currently looking for Immigration Trainees. We will provide market leading training to a first rate, capable and unique candidate. We do not believe in “business as usual” services and so do not want a “business as usual” candidate.
Please note that is a three month, paid training programme with a view to permanent employment as an assistant caseworker and subsequently caseworker. We have taken on the vast majority of our trainees to full caseworker status.
What does our training programme consist of?
- Immigration Law
- Best Practice in Process
- Ethics and client conduct
- Commercial training
- Client Communication
- Written standards of work
The role of Immigration Trainee involves the following responsibilities:-
- Preparation of Immigration applications; including significant levels of client contact
- Being aware of all relevant rules, policies and best practice affecting all aspects of immigration
- Close liaising with Home Office
- Client management
- Collation of all relevant documentation
- Updating of internal client files and database
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong observational skills and attention to detail
- A practical, positive approach; the ability to use initiative and find solutions
- Ability to take full “ownership” of tasks, and to plan, control and manage a project from start to finish
- Ability to meet deadlines, manage time effectively in a high pressure environment, and to effectively prioritise tasks
- Commercial awareness, and a flair for business development, account management, and relationship-building
How to apply – the frankly, boring CV method.
If you feel that you meet the above requirements, and could make a real contribution in this role, please apply by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting ref: IWA2202 in subject title. .
Non CV method
CVs can be used but priority will be given to those that apply without using a CV. We receive a deluge of CVs that are not suited to the job role. You can apply using any other method you can think of as long as it can be attached to an email or a link provided in an email. You can use any form of presentation tool, online or otherwise. You can use any website or programme. The key is show us what you can do and to stand out.
All applications to be held in the strictest confidence. Immediate start welcome, but not mandatory. Initial probationary period applies.
We are not interested in working with agents, consultants or others who represent applicants. We only want to hear directly from applicants.
0207 1184 546
© 2017 Westkin – London Immigration Lawyers