Tier 1 Post Study Work
ASSISTING YOU IN TURNING THE U.K FROM A HOUSE INTO A HOME
The Tier 1 Post study work visa replaces the old International Graduate Scheme (and its Scottish counterpart, the Fresh Talent in Scotland Scheme). This immigration category is designed to keep the best and the brightest foreign students (see our studying in the United Kingdom page) in the United Kingdom after the end of their studies. Those who were on the International Graduate Scheme or the Fresh Talent in Scotland Scheme will instantly qualify for the Post Study work category, subject to Language and Maintenance requirements. Westkin Associates are leading Post Study Work specialists and we care about helping you to make the United Kingdom your home.
Our law firm has over 16 years experience in dealing with all UK bound immigration matters meaning that we can give you the very best advice related to your application. Our clear, precise and expert advice means that we are the first step in helping you to obtain your visa.
Although time spent under the Post-Study Work immigration category does not count towards permanent residence, the Home Office has indicated that they regard this category as a bridge from studying to highly skilled or skilled work.
With the United Kingdom as one of the world’s premium study destinations, it is no surprise that many students seek to establish themselves and live in the U.K after their studies. Westkin Associates is well experienced in Post Study Work visas and has established connections with the key bodies involved throughout the application procedure. We work closely with all relevant authorities and are able to project manage your application from start to finish. Book a consultation with ourselves via email@example.com or on 0207 1184 546 and let us help you to build your future in the United Kingdom.
Below we have outlined important criteria to consider when looking to applying for a Post Study Work Visa.
For those not previously on the International Graduate Scheme or the Fresh Talent in Scotland Scheme the immigration requirements are that the candidate has a:
- a UK recognized bachelor’s degree; or a UK recognized postgraduate degree; or a UK postgraduate certificate or diploma; or an HND from a Scottish institution; and
- that qualification was obtained at a UK institution that is either; a recognized or listed UK body; or on the Tier 4 sponsors register (once implemented); or
- If claiming points for a Higher National Diploma from a Scottish Institution, that diploma was earned at a publicly funded institution of higher education or a bonafide Scottish private education institution which maintains records of enrolment and attendance.
- That qualification has to be obtained while in the United Kingdom, when you had leave as a student leave (Tier 4) or as a dependent of someone with immigration leave.
- It also is a requirement that the application was made within the last 12 months of the qualification.
Amongst London immigration solicitors and barristers, our specialist immigration lawyers will be able to assist with these requirements but also with extending your time in the United Kingdom, and if required, advising on routes to settlement and citizenship.
5th Floor, Maddox House,
1 Maddox Street
0207 118 4546
© 2019 Westkin – London Immigration Lawyers
Submit your review