In response to the Coronavirus we have increased our telephone & video call appointments, now available 7 days a week from 7am to 10pm

Head Office:
5th Floor Maddox House, 1 Maddox Street, Mayfair, London, W1S 2PZ

How much time, money and effort will Westkin Associates save you?

Contact our team of expert immigration lawyers on 0207 118 4546 or via

Sponsor Management Systems

If you are a UK employer who hires non-EEA nationals who are in the United Kingdom under a Tier 2 or Tier 5 visa, you should be using the Online Sponsor Management System. This also applies to education providers who teach students on a Student visa or Child Student visa. Sponsor Management Systems are used to:

  • manage or renew your organisation’s licence or services
  • create and assign certificates of sponsorship to prospective employees (tier 2 or 5)
  • create and assign confirmations of acceptance for studies (CAS) to prospective students
  • report changes of circumstances of your sponsored employees or students, including withdrawal of sponsorship
  • report changes to your own circumstances, for example a change of owner or a new location

If you are new to hiring non-EEA nationals as part of your business model, you may be unsure which sponsorship license you need. The license which you need will depend on which visa the workers who you want to fill your jobs have. These will be either Tier 2 or Tier 5. You can apply for a license which covers either one of these two tiers, or both of them.

Tier 2

Tier 2 is for skilled workers who you want to employ long-term or permanently. It’s split into:

  • General – the role must meet the job suitability requirements
  • Intra-Company Transfer – for multinational companies which need to transfer employees to the UK
  • Minister of Religion – for people coming to work for a religious organisation (for up to 3 years)
  • Sportsperson – for elite sportspeople and coaches who will be based in the UK
Tier 5

Tier 5 is for skilled workers you want to employ on a temporary basis. It’s split into:

  • Creative and Sporting – to work as a sportsperson (up to 1 year), entertainer or artist (up to 2 years)
  • Charity Worker – for unpaid workers (up to 1 year)
  • Religious Worker – for those doing preaching, pastoral and non-pastoral work (2 years)
  • Government Authorised Exchange – work experience (1 year), research projects or training, for example practical medical or scientific training (2 years) to enable a short-term exchange of knowledge
  • International Agreement – where the worker is coming to do a job which is covered by international law, for example employees of overseas governments
 Do You Use Your Online Management System Correctly?

Last year saw an increase in the amount of Sponsors facing action from the Home Office for failure to use their Sponsor Management System correctly. This lead to increased paperwork, greater costs and the threat of losing their valued employees. Westkin Associates provides fully integrated solutions to project manage every step of this confusing and stressful process for you.

Do You Know Your Sponsorship Duties?

Westkin Associates can advise and evaluate your current HR and compliance procedures to ensure that you are Home Office compliant. Our experience means that we can introduce tailored processes that help you to meet the ever changing requirements of the Home Office.

With over 16 years experience within immigration law, Westkin Associates is your ideal partner to maintain your Sponsor Management System up to date and functioning correctly. Our close ties to the Home Office means that we understand the, often, stringent requirements and as such can advise you accordingly.

Do You Know How We Can Help?

Our familiarity with the Home Office’s expectations means that we can offer complete, tailored solutions that are built around your organisation’s structure and personal. Our proven, efficient and reliable service assures that you are always one step ahead of the Home Office’s legislation.

Next Steps…

Contact us today and organise a consultation to see what we can do for you.

Westkin Associates

5th Floor, Maddox House,
1 Maddox Street
United Kingdom
0207 118 4546

Let’s make your sponsorship duties our sponsorship duties

Immigration Cases

What we're saying



Read All

  • Spouse Visas: Should The Minimum Income Rule Be Rethought?

    The UK Spouse Visa allows individuals to come and live in the UK permanently with their partner. It requires individuals to be able to prove ...

    Read More

  • The Top Immigration Stories Of The Week – December 2020

    We are nearing the end of 2020, a year which has brought much turmoil for many across the world. With the pandemic still reaching new ...

    Read More

  • New Opportunities To Apply For A UK Skilled Worker Visa

      The UK Skilled Worker Visa will allow individuals to come and stay in the UK to work. This visa route has been put in ...

    Read More

  • Can you make a complaint against the Home Office?

      The UK Home Office, headed by Priti Patel, has received a large amount of backlash this year ahead of the new immigration system being ...

    Read More

  • What would a no-deal Brexit cost the UK?

      When the debate on whether the United Kingdom would leave the EU started in 2016, one of the biggest talking points, and a big ...

    Read More

Special Services

Weekend Services


Same Day Services

Looking to hire an immigration lawyer?
Book your free consultation