Settled Status UK
Westkin’s Settled Status UK Service is:
• Fixed Price for all applications
• A refund is given if status is not obtained
• We can normally complete the whole of the work in one afternoon for you
• Additional dependents are £50 each
Call now to take advantage and to get some initial advice.
What is Settled Status?
Settled status is permanent residency in the United Kingdom for EU nationals and their family members following the Brexit referendum result. It is a way of ensuring that EU nationals who lived in the UK during Brexit do not have to leave the United Kingdom.
What is Pre-Settled Status?
Pre-Settled status is for those persons who have not yet built up 5 years residency in the United Kingdom, they will be given Pre-Settled Status and can remain in the United Kingdom after Brexit. Once they have built up 5 year residency they can then apply for Settled Status, which is permanent residency in the United Kingdom.
Who must apply for Settled Status?
Firstly, any EU national with valid ID can and should apply for Settled Status, if they reside in the United Kingdom.
Secondly, any family member of an EU National, who themselves is not a EU National (eg a Brazilian married to a Italian National) should also apply, if they reside with the EU national.
These family members do not have to apply together or at the same time as long as they have a BRP issued under the EEA Regulations (but the application must be made on or after 5th April 2015). Of course, it is easier if all family members apply at once.
Thirdly, any non – EU national with Retained Rights, so long as they were issued a Biometric Residence Card.
What if I cannot apply for Settled Status now?
If you are not in one of the above groups, then there is no need for concern, the UK Government has committed to introducing the programme for the current 3 groups who cannot apply:
1) Family members of Brit Citizens who are claiming EU rights (Surinder Singh or Lounes Cases)
2) Nationals of Iceland, Lichtenstein, Norway and Switzerland
3) A person who is exempt from immigration control, for example foreign diplomats, consular staff and members of certain international organizations.
If you are not in one of these groups and wish to apply later this is possible but not advisable.
Who qualifies for settled status?
- Those have a PR/ILR document and haven’t been out of the UK for more than five years subsequently.
2. Or, those have been continuously resident in the UK for five years and have not been out of the UK for five years subsequently.
3. Those who have not been in the UK for the required five years but are “a worker” who has ceased activity,
4. So long as they have 3 years residence in the UK and worked for at least 12 months before retiring or
5. Have 2 years UK residence and stopped work due to injury; or
6. Stopped work due to injury at work and get a pension due to injury
7. Children under 21 years old, even where residence less than five years and an EU parent has been granted under the scheme, or would be if Irish;
8. British citizens don’t need to apply for settled status or pre-settled status but can if they wish.
If you are not a EU Citizen but are a family member of one then who can also apply for settled status if:
- You have PR/ILR and haven’t lost it through absence from the UK of over 5 years.
2. Or you are a Family member of EU worker who has ceased activity;
3. Or if you EU Family member died and was resident for 2 years or died at work;
4. Of if you are a child under 21 and EU family member granted settled status.
What does settled status cost?
Our professional charges are set out above, the Home office charges are in addition:
- The costs of £65/ £32.50 for minors will be waived in full settled status applications made on or after 30th March 2019.
2. So there will be no fee for any application after this date.
3. But if you apply now they pay the fee and it will be refunded sometime after 1st April 2019.
4. Applicants that already have PR or ILR (issued under the regs) should not be charged, even if they apply now.
5. Westkin can take care of the whole process at a fixed fee, with a refund if status is not granted.